I saw all of the elements they mention in the article.
I don’t really have anything to add on this one. I link these for information and so that you can find them under the hate Tag.
For those who wonder, some of this is in devotion to the Watchman. I have to track the threats out there.
There has been a lot of noise lately about the use of runes in the Norwegian Olympic team sweater. The objection is that two runes are displayed on the sweater, Tiwaz and Elhaz, the runes for Tyr/victory and elk/protection, had been used by the Nazi’s for certain specific groups and programs (leadership school for Tiwaz, […]
Yesterday, I hosted a Blot to Freya at my house. While I had some organized plans and formal prayers, it mostly became an off the cuff process with a single round followed by food and discussion.
Key points made:
- I reviewed the story of Freya and Hrungnir’s entrance to Asgard and her offering him mead. This opened theme of Hospitality as a resource and a weapon. She had the courage and the right of things to offer a guest a drink, even when belligerent and threatening. (An example, although I was using another source: https://norse-mythology.org/tales/thors-duel-with-hrungnir/)
- Of Freya as representing sovereignty over the bodies of women (and others).
- Of Freya as representing lust and the right to love as we choose.
- Freya as one who stands for the abused.
- Of the need for Hospitality, friendship and renewal in a long fight. That in a long, hard fight, we need to rest.
- That we must respect our enemies, to a point, but never show them our backs. (Not my point, but a good toast.)
There was also discussion of how to help victims of abuse, dealing with rage and related issues. In addition, there was friendship, camaraderie, food, drinks and connection.
The Blot was impromptu, and put together with minimal time and a random list of invitees. Clearly, more are needed. Remember in dark times that we draw light from each other.
“In other words, for some, the Society’s culture requires approaching the “dream” of the Middle Ages with a sort of un-ironic innocence. However, in a post-Charlottesville world, such innocence—especially when it manifests as white innocence about hate symbols like swastikas—is not acceptable within the organization.”
Based on recent issues in the SCA with swastikas and “HH”, I did a search for an article and found this.
A friend of mine, formerly in the SCA, mentioned the specific details, which are mostly on Facebook sadly. However, if you are part of any related community, it is something to be aware.
They definitely do NOT want to be left alone.
…training included lessons in firearms and hand-to-hand combat, preparation for the group’s “ultimate aim of overthrowing the U.S. government through the use of terrorism and guerrilla warfare.”